Your privacy is important to us – just as knowing how your information is used is important to you. Our Data Protection Regulation gives you full visibility into how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information when you use our services and website. This Data Protection Regulation is updated from time to time, so we encourage you to consult this page regularly.
Who is covered under the Data Protection Regulation?
Employees of our organization and its subsidiaries must follow this regulation. Contractors, consultants, partners, and any other external entity are also covered. Generally, our regulation refers to anyone we collaborate with or who acts on our behalf and may need occasional access to data.
As part of our operations, we need to obtain and process information. This information includes any offline or online data that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, date of birth, email-s, phone numbers, usernames and passwords, photographs, etc.
Our Foundation collects this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
Our data will be:
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only.
- Processed by the Foundation within its legal and moral boundaries.
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties.
Our data will not be:
- Communicated informally.
- Stored for more than a specified amount of time.
- Transferred to organizations, states or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies.
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities)
In addition to ways of handling the data the company has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically, we must:
- Let people know which of their data is collected.
- Inform people about how we’ll process their data.
- Inform people about who has access to their information.
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data.
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases.
To exercise data protection, we’re committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data.
- Develop transparent data collection procedures.
- Train employees in online privacy and security measures
- Build secure networks to protect online data from cyberattacks.
- Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse.
- Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how we handle data.
- Establish data protection practices.
Our data protection provisions will appear on our website.
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed. A breach of data protection guidelines will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action.